Apple crumble is a treat
Are delicious stewed apples
Sugary and sweet
With crumble topping
Amber greeting everyone! The spell of blooming apples has set in, and since Apple is my ultimate fruit Crush (a.k.a ApelSono), I had to put a lil digging on cookbooks and recipe out there to make a good twist out of the freshly picked apples that are still bursting with flavour *Zlurrrp*….as they were just resting on da kitchen table being boring 💡 Finally, I stumble across Gordon Ramsay’s Apple & Cranberry Crumble video recipe and fall in love immediately! I think he aimed to make it as folksy as possible without trying to bring it to the next level of sophistication. Super simple and a breeze one indeed 🙄 Quickly thought of sharing the recipe with you guys.
Apple Crumble is the Britons’ one and only classic apple dessert, whilst the Americans (decided to get fancy) gave quite some nicks to it from Apple Crisp, Brown Betty, Cobbler, etc. when they all practically share the same base ingredients. Even so, apple crumble’s vast pop remained still as its flexibility is something that nailed both festive dinners and a solitary night comfo food! Which is why it is such a savvy unfailing target to look like an expert baker in your own kitchen 😀
Check out Ramsay’s inspired Apple Crumble recipe below! As I made a dash of refinement towards the original recipe to further match the munchy afters with my tastebud, not forgetting to include the original one as a reference for you to see which one suits you better! Awright here we go
Tangy fruit base:
- ❅ 3 1/2 tbsp of raw sugar mixed with palm sugar
(Original recipe uses 6 tbsp of caster sugar)
❅ A pinch of cinnamon
❅ Another tad bit of nutmeg
❅ A teaspoon of vanilla extract
(Original recipe uses vanilla pod)
❅ 6 apples of your choice, 3 grated and another 3 thinly chopped
❅ 3 tbsp dried fruits, I used anything in the kitchen shelf!
(on this occasion its blubbery, Ramsay uses cranberry)
❅ Lemon zest
❅ Juice of half a lemon
- ❅ 100g plain flour
❅ 2 tbsp palm sugar
(Original uses Demarara sugar)
❅ 50g salted butter, chilled and cubed
(I’d like a little savoury on mine, originally uses unsalted)
❅ Pinch of ground cinnamon
❅ 4 tbsp nutty muesli mix
- Pre heat the oven to 200° C
- Caramelised the sugar. I figure the time needed to see the transformation of sugar into a liquid like golden brown texture relatively depends on ur heating pan itself. Therefore, a quick hint is to let the magic works by itself and avoid stirring the pan or else ur sugar will get burned instead!
- Making the apple puree: add cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and grated apples into the Caramelised sugar as you cook it for around a minute or two on medium heat.
- Once finished with your apple puree, stir in the rest of the thinly chopped apples, blueberries, lemon zest and its juice into the mixture. Cook for another minute until a nice light brown color is visible. Tangy Apple Filling, done. Set aside.
- Processing the crumbles: make breadcrumbs by mixing together flour, palm sugar, chilled butter cubes and cinnamon altogether with your hands. If it looks lumpy then ur on da right track 😉
- Last step to set your crumbs is by adding in the nutty muesli into the breadcrumbs, and fuse evenly.
- Pour your apple filling equally into a baking pan ( i used a ceramic oven-proof bowl instead cuz i dont have a small pan) and sprinkle over the crumbles on top 🙂 now that ur base and crumbs are set, its time to bake it in the oven for about 13 minutes till u see a golden crumbs hihi
Remove and warmly serve straight from the oven
Woopp with an extra scoop of vanilla ice cream on top maybe? Won’t make you a sinner 👿
One scrummy afters by Gordon Ramsay, so effortless even the Fat
Bastard of Brighton wud CrAvE to taste!
Recipe Reference: Gordon Ramsay’s Ultimate Cookery Course
⭐ Cheeros, C